How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Games tagged management are usually either player management like in a sports game or resource management like in StarCraft.
Forward Ports for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition
When you are playing RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition Require
The exact ports for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition are as follows:
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.