The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for RSX++ are:
RSX++ - PC
- TCP: User configured
- UDP: User configured
Forward Ports for RSX++
When you use RSX++ you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to RSX++.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your download client.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for RSX++
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your download client in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for RSX++ in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for RSX++:
List of Routers - Customized for RSX++
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for RSX++.