Saints Row IV is Deep Silver's Action, Adventure, Third-Person, Open-World, and Shooter game with a release date in 2013.
When you play Saints Row IV you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Third person games have the game camera behind the players shoulder. You generally see the main characters back, shoulders, and head. Popular games that are in the 3rd person are Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, and Gears of War.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Saints Row IV
When you are playing Saints Row IV you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Saints Row IV Require
The incoming connection ports for Saints Row IV are as follows:
Saints Row IV - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Saints Row IV yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Saints Row IV - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Saints Row IV - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Saints Row IV - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Saints Row IV - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Saints Row IV - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Saints Row IV - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Saints Row IV simply follow one of these links:
- Saints Row IV - Steam
- Saints Row IV - Playstation 4
- Saints Row IV - Xbox One
- Saints Row IV - Playstation 3
- Saints Row IV - Xbox 360
- Saints Row IV - Switch
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.