The following ports need to be forwarded for Secure Planet VPN:
Secure Planet VPN - PC
- TCP: 9555
Set Up a Port Forward for Secure Planet VPN
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Secure Planet VPN. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Secure Planet VPN.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Secure Planet VPN
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Secure Planet VPN in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Secure Planet VPN:
List of Routers - Customized for Secure Planet VPN
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Secure Planet VPN.