When you play Sid Meier's Civilization V you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
How to Port Forward Sid Meier's Civilization V
When you are playing Sid Meier's Civilization V you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Sid Meier's Civilization V Require
The necessary ports for Sid Meier's Civilization V are as follows:
Sid Meier's Civilization V - PC
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Sid Meier's Civilization V simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.