How to Forward Ports in Your Router for Siege of Centauri
Siege of Centauri includes the following genres of gameplay.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Port Forward Siege of Centauri
When you are playing Siege of Centauri you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Siege of Centauri Require
The exact ports for Siege of Centauri are as follows:
Siege of Centauri - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Siege of Centauri simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.