Silent Hill 2 is Konami Digital Entertainment's Third-Person, Survival, and Adventure game with a currently unknown release date.
Which Ports Does Silent Hill 2 Require
The network ports for Silent Hill 2 are as follows:
Silent Hill 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Silent Hill 2 - Playstation 5
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for Silent Hill 2 that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
Silent Hill 2 has the following genres of gameplay.
- The main viewpoint in a third person is over the shoulder of the character that you are playing. Games like Tomb Raider are considered a 3rd person platformer while Gears of War is a great example of a 3rd person shooter. Some games allow you to switch between 3rd and 1st person like Skyrim.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
How to Port Forward Silent Hill 2
When you are playing Silent Hill 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.