How to Port Forward Skylanders: Imaginators in Your Router
Skylanders: Imaginators includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Forward Ports for Skylanders: Imaginators
When you are playing Skylanders: Imaginators you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Skylanders: Imaginators
The exact ports for Skylanders: Imaginators are as follows:
Skylanders: Imaginators - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Skylanders: Imaginators - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Skylanders: Imaginators - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Skylanders: Imaginators - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Skylanders: Imaginators - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Skylanders: Imaginators simply follow one of these links:
- Skylanders: Imaginators - Playstation 3
- Skylanders: Imaginators - Playstation 4
- Skylanders: Imaginators - Switch
- Skylanders: Imaginators - Xbox 360
- Skylanders: Imaginators - Xbox One
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.