Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for SMLposlite:
SMLposlite - PC
- TCP: 8080-8090
Setting Up a Port Forward for SMLposlite
When you use SMLposlite you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to SMLposlite.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for SMLposlite
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for SMLposlite in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for SMLposlite:
List of Routers - Customized for SMLposlite
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for SMLposlite.