Port Forwarding for Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is Sega's Platformer game with a release date in 1997.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is considered a platform style of game, or simply a platformer. Platformer games are action games where the players reflexes are put to the test while jumping a character from platform to platform, usually in a side view. Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong are popular, classic platformer games.
How to Port Forward Sonic the Hedgehog 3
When you are playing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Sonic the Hedgehog 3
The incoming connection ports for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 are as follows:
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 that will show you the exact ports.
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.