Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I is Sega's Platformer game released in 2010.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I is considered a platform style of game, or simply a platformer. Platformer games are action games where the players reflexes are put to the test while jumping a character from platform to platform, usually in a side view. Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong are popular, classic platformer games.
How to Port Forward Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
When you are playing Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
The ports for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I are as follows:
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I that will show you the incoming connection ports.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - PC
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - Playstation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - Wii
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - Xbox 360
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.