Forwarding Ports for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II on Your Router.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II is a Platformer game published by Sega released in 2012.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II is considered a platform style of game, or simply a platformer. Platformer games are action games where the players reflexes are put to the test while jumping a character from platform to platform, usually in a side view. Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong are popular, classic platformer games.
How to Port Forward Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
When you are playing Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
The required incoming ports for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II are as follows:
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II simply follow one of these links:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - PC
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - Playstation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - Xbox 360
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.