How to Port Forward Space Chimps
Space Chimps is Brash Entertainment's Platformer game released in 2008.
Space Chimps is considered a platform style of game, or simply a platformer. Platformer games are action games where the players reflexes are put to the test while jumping a character from platform to platform, usually in a side view. Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong are popular, classic platformer games.
Forward Ports for Space Chimps
When you are playing Space Chimps you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Space Chimps
The exact ports that need to be forwarded for Space Chimps are as follows:
Space Chimps - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Space Chimps that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.