Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Speak Freely:
Speak Freely - PC
- UDP: 2074-2076
Setting Up a Port Forward for Speak Freely
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Speak Freely. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Speak Freely.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for Speak Freely
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Speak Freely in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Speak Freely:
List of Routers - Customized for Speak Freely
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Speak Freely.