The ports that need to be forwarded for SplashID are listed here:
SplashID - PC
- TCP: 6674
Setting Up a Port Forward for SplashID
When you use SplashID you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to SplashID.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for SplashID
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for SplashID in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for SplashID:
List of Routers - Customized for SplashID
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for SplashID.