The following ports need to be forwarded for Splashtop Remote:
Splashtop Remote - PC
- TCP: 6783-6785
Set Up a Port Forward for Splashtop Remote
When you use Splashtop Remote you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Splashtop Remote.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Splashtop Remote
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Splashtop Remote in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Splashtop Remote:
List of Routers - Customized for Splashtop Remote
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Splashtop Remote.