SSX 2012 is EA Sports's Sports game released in 2010.
SSX 2012 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Port Forward SSX 2012
When you are playing SSX 2012 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does SSX 2012 Require
The specific incoming ports that need to be forwarded for SSX 2012 are as follows:
SSX 2012 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
SSX 2012 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223, 3478-3479, 3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for SSX 2012 that will show you the network ports.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.