How To Open Ports in Your Router for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
How to Port Forward S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
As far as we can tell S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is a single player game, which means that there should not be any need to forward ports for it. Most of the time only multiplayer games need a port forwarded. Occasionally it is possible that some single player games might need a port forwarded for things like: license activation, updates, and downloading new content. You can run our Port Finder application to see if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is opening up any ports to know for sure. When you are done running Port Finder it will show you the incoming ports.
- Download our free software Port Forward Network Utilities and install it.
- After installing it launch Network Utilities and click Port Finder.
- The Port Finder will help you locate the game that you are interested in playing. Follow its instructions closely.
- The ports that need to be forwarded in your router will be added to our site as soon as a site admin reviews them.
How Port Finder Works
This is a brief rundown of all the things that Port Finder will do:
- Look at which ports S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 has open in "listen" mode. These are the required incoming ports for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.
- Watch which ports open and close as you run the game and try to join a multiplayer match.
- Upload those ports to our servers so that we can combine them with other uploads and share them.
As users submit port data to our servers we will combine it into a list that we publish. This will become the list that we recommend everyone forwards in their router.
Once people submit ports for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 they will be added to this page and the rest of our site.