Steep includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Sports games can be either realistic or satirical, and can be either competitive or simply entertaining. Most sports games involve both physics and tactics and take place in some sort of arena.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
Port Forward Steep
When you are playing Steep you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Steep Require
The ports for Steep are as follows:
Steep - PC
- TCP: 2869, 6005, 11001, 11090, 11095, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000-14001, 14008
- UDP: 500, 3074, 3544, 6075
Steep - Steam
- TCP: 2869, 6005, 11001, 11090, 11095, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000-14001, 14008, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 500, 3074, 3544, 4380, 6075, 27000-27031, 27036
Steep - Xbox One
- TCP: 2869, 3074, 11001, 11090, 11095
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500, 6075
Steep - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 2869, 3478-3480, 11001, 11090, 11095
- UDP: 500, 3074, 3478-3479, 3544, 3658, 4646, 6075
We have guides that are custom tailored for Steep that will show you the specific ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.