How to Port Forward Steep
Steep is a Sports game published by Ubisoft released in 2016.
Steep is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Port Forward Steep
When you are playing Steep you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Steep Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Steep are as follows:
Steep - Xbox One
- TCP: 2869,3074,11001,11090,11095
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,6075
Steep - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,2869,3478-3480,11001,11090,11095
- UDP: 500,3074,3478-3479,3544,3658,4646,6075
Steep - PC
- TCP: 2869,11001,11090,11095,13000,13005,13200,14000-14001,14008
- UDP: 500,3074,3544,6075
We have guides that are custom tailored for Steep that will show you the incoming ports.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.