The following ports need to be forwarded for Storj Share:
Storj Share - PC
- TCP: 4000-4004
Set Up a Port Forward for Storj Share
When you use Storj Share you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Storj Share.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Storj Share
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Storj Share in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Storj Share:
List of Routers - Customized for Storj Share
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Storj Share.