The ports that need to be forwarded for StreamTunes are listed here:
StreamTunes - PC
- TCP: 8090
- UDP: 8090
Forward Ports for StreamTunes
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use StreamTunes. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to StreamTunes.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for StreamTunes
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for StreamTunes in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for StreamTunes:
List of Routers - Customized for StreamTunes
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for StreamTunes.