Surfs Up is Ubisoft's Sports game released in 2007.
Surfs Up is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Forward Ports for Surfs Up
When you are playing Surfs Up you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Surfs Up
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Surfs Up are as follows:
Surfs Up - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
Surfs Up - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Surfs Up simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.