The following ports need to be forwarded for Surveillix Server:
Surveillix Server - PC
- TCP: 80, 2000-2006, 2014-2015, 3001-3002, 3100, 5005, 9876
Setting Up a Port Forward for Surveillix Server
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Surveillix Server. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Surveillix Server.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Surveillix Server
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Surveillix Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Surveillix Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Surveillix Server
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Surveillix Server.