The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology DS-101g+ NAS:
Synology DS-101g+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forwarding Ports for a Synology DS-101g+ NAS
When you use a Synology DS-101g+ NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology DS-101g+ NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology DS-101g+ NAS
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology DS-101g+ NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS-101g+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS-101g+
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Synology DS-101g+ NAS.