The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS107+ device are:
Synology DS107+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forward Ports for a Synology DS107+ device
When you use a Synology DS107+ device you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Synology DS107+ device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Synology DS107+ device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology DS107+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS107+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS107+
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Synology DS107+ device.