The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology DS108j NAS:
Synology DS108j - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS108j NAS
When you use a Synology DS108j NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology DS108j NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology DS108j NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology DS108j NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS108j NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS108j
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Synology DS108j NAS.