The ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS1515+ device are listed here:
Synology DS1515+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS1515+ device
When you use a Synology DS1515+ device you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology DS1515+ device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology DS1515+ device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Synology DS1515+ device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS1515+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS1515+
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Synology DS1515+ device.