The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS1812+ device are:
Synology DS1812+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forward Ports for a Synology DS1812+ device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Synology DS1812+ device. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Synology DS1812+ device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology DS1812+ device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology DS1812+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS1812+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS1812+
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Synology DS1812+ device.