The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology DS1813+ device:
Synology DS1813+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS1813+ device
When you use a Synology DS1813+ device you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Synology DS1813+ device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a Synology DS1813+ device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Synology DS1813+ device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS1813+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS1813+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Synology DS1813+ device.