The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology DS210+ device:
Synology DS210+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forward Ports for a Synology DS210+ device
When you use a Synology DS210+ device you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Synology DS210+ device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Synology DS210+ device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology DS210+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS210+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS210+
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Synology DS210+ device.