The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS210j device are:
Synology DS210j - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS210j device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Synology DS210j device. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Synology DS210j device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a Synology DS210j device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Synology DS210j device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS210j device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS210j
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Synology DS210j device.