The ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS3612xs NAS are listed here:
Synology DS3612xs - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS3612xs NAS
When you use a Synology DS3612xs NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology DS3612xs NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS3612xs NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology DS3612xs NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS3612xs NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS3612xs
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Synology DS3612xs NAS.