The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology DS410 NAS:
Synology DS410 - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS410 NAS
When you use a Synology DS410 NAS you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Synology DS410 NAS.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS410 NAS
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Synology DS410 NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS410 NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS410
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Synology DS410 NAS.