The ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS413 NAS are listed here:
Synology DS413 - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS413 NAS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Synology DS413 NAS. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a Synology DS413 NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a Synology DS413 NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology DS413 NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS413 NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS413
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Synology DS413 NAS.