The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology RS212 device are:
Synology RS212 - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology RS212 device
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Synology RS212 device. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology RS212 device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology RS212 device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Synology RS212 device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology RS212 device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology RS212
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Synology RS212 device.