The ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS are listed here:
Synology RS2212RP+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forward Ports for a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS
When you use a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology RS2212RP+
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Synology RS2212RP+ NAS.