The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology RS408-RP device:
Synology RS408-RP - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology RS408-RP device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Synology RS408-RP device. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology RS408-RP device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a Synology RS408-RP device
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology RS408-RP device in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology RS408-RP device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology RS408-RP
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Synology RS408-RP device.