The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology RS409+ device:
Synology RS409+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology RS409+ device
When you use a Synology RS409+ device you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology RS409+ device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a Synology RS409+ device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology RS409+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology RS409+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology RS409+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Synology RS409+ device.