The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology RS409RP+ device are:
Synology RS409RP+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forwarding Ports for a Synology RS409RP+ device
When you use a Synology RS409RP+ device you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology RS409RP+ device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology RS409RP+ device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Synology RS409RP+ device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology RS409RP+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology RS409RP+
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Synology RS409RP+ device.