Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology RS411 device:
Synology RS411 - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology RS411 device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Synology RS411 device. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Synology RS411 device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology RS411 device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology RS411 device in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology RS411 device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology RS411
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Synology RS411 device.