The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology USB Station device:
Synology USB Station - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Synology USB Station device
When you use a Synology USB Station device you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Synology USB Station device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for a Synology USB Station device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology USB Station device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology USB Station device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology USB Station
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Synology USB Station device.