Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Talkit Home Phone:
Talkit Home Phone - PC
- TCP: 5060-5061, 6060-6061, 13000-13001
- UDP: 5060-5061, 6060-6061, 13000-13001
Forward Ports for Talkit Home Phone
When you use Talkit Home Phone you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Talkit Home Phone.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for Talkit Home Phone
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Talkit Home Phone in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Talkit Home Phone:
List of Routers - Customized for Talkit Home Phone
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Talkit Home Phone.