The following ports need to be forwarded for TalkSwitch:
TalkSwitch - PC
- TCP: 80, 9393
- UDP: 69, 5060, 6000-6006, 6010-6016, 6020-6026, 6030-6036
Setting Up a Port Forward for TalkSwitch
When you use TalkSwitch you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to TalkSwitch.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your phone's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for TalkSwitch
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your phone's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for TalkSwitch in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for TalkSwitch:
List of Routers - Customized for TalkSwitch
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for TalkSwitch.