Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Tandem: A Tale of Shadows
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows includes the following styles of gameplay.
- In a puzzle type game the player solves puzzles that may be either logic, patters, words, or numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Tandem: A Tale of Shadows
When you are playing Tandem: A Tale of Shadows you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Tandem: A Tale of Shadows Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for Tandem: A Tale of Shadows are as follows:
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Tandem: A Tale of Shadows simply follow one of these links:
- Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Steam
- Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Playstation 4
- Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Switch
- Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.