Fastest Technicolor TC8305C Router Port Forwarding Guide
Most routers including the Technicolor TC8305C router have a basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. A firewall does this by blocking incoming and outgoing connections unless otherwise specified. Some online games and programs run much smoother if additional connections are open for the application. To do this you need to create what is frequently called a port forward.
In this guide you will be shown exactly how to find and enter the port forwarding information for the Technicolor TC8305C router. The steps we will cover are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you want to port forward these ports to.
- How to login to the Technicolor TC8305C router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How and what information to enter in your router to get your ports forwarded.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this IP address down. You will need it later in Step 4.
It is time to login to the Technicolor TC8305C router. This router along with most, use a web interface. This means you need to use a web browser to access the router setup pages.
Go ahead and pick the web browser you are the most familiar with. Some common options are Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer. It typically does not matter which browser you decide to use.
After you open the web browser, find the address bar. This should be at the top of the page like this:
As you can see the address bar in the image above has 10.0.0.1 in it. All you need to do is replace what is in the address bar with the Technicolor TC8305C IP address. The router's IP address can also be referred to as the computer's default gateway or the router's GUI address.
The default IP address for the Technicolor TC8305C router is: 10.0.0.1
Now that you have entered the router's IP address in the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. If the correct IP address was entered in the address bar, you will see an authentication window or box.
If you don't see the screen above or a similar one, the wrong IP address was used. To find out what the router's IP address is currently, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You should see a box or page asking for a username and password.
- The Default Technicolor TC8305C Router Username is: admin
- The Default Technicolor TC8305C Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the LOGIN button to access your Technicolor TC8305C router.
This is an extremely common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- If you have a slightly different firmware version you might have a different username and/or password. It is a good idea to try other common Technicolor password combinations as well. Here is our list of Default Technicolor Router Passwords.
- If that didn't work, the next thing I suggest is to guess what you may of changed the password to. Need help? Try out our Router Password Cracker. It automates the guessing process for you, making owning a router a lot easier.
- Finally, if neither option above worked, you may want to consider a factory reset. This is not recommended unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting options. A factory reset erases all previously configured settings. Be aware you will need to reconfigure your router after the reset is complete...(but the password and username will be reverted back to default).
After a successful login you need to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you do this we start on the At a Glance page of the router:
First, you need to open up the Advanced option in the left sidebar.
Under that, choose the option of Port Forwarding.
You should now see the page above. Select the option of Add Service in the center section of the page.
Congratulations, you have found the port forwarding page of the Technicolor TC8305C router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Pick Other from the Services Name dropdown box.
Put a name for this forward in the Other Service box so that you can remember why you set this forward up. The name does not matter so pick something that has meaning to you.
Select the required protocol for these ports from the Service Type dropdown box.
You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Server IP Address box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
If you are just forwarding a single port number then you can simply enter that same number into both the Start Port and the End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, usually separated by a hyphen, then you need to enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port box and then enter highest number into the End Port box.
After you are done click the Save button.
Don't forget to save after each entry.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
After the ports are forwarded on the Technicolor TC8305C router you need to test them to see if they forwarded properly.
In order to test if the ports forwarded properly, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Here at portforward.com we believe port forwarding should be easy. If you are having troubles, we highly recommend using our Port Forwarding Software. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes all your port forwarding problems.
Did you know we have more than just port forwarding guides here? We have networking, software, and gaming guides as well. Check them out here.
If you are more interested in setting up your router so it is truly secure and you are in control of the settings, check out our huge and growing selection of router guides at setuprouter.com.