The ports that need to be forwarded for TED - The Energy Detective are listed here:
TED - The Energy Detective - PC
- TCP: 80
Forwarding Ports for TED - The Energy Detective
When you use TED - The Energy Detective you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to TED - The Energy Detective.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your device.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for TED - The Energy Detective
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your device into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for TED - The Energy Detective in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for TED - The Energy Detective:
List of Routers - Customized for TED - The Energy Detective
That's all it takes to forward your ports for TED - The Energy Detective.