Simple Telrad CPE7000 Router Port Forwarding
This Telrad Xplornet CPE7000 router uses a firewall to help protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. Your firewall blocks all connections, both in and out unless you have told the firewall the connections are okay. In order to open connections for a game or program you need to create a port forward.
In this guide we will be walking you through each of the following steps:
- How to make a Static IP address on the computer of device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to Login to the Telrad Xplornet CPE7000 router.
- How to Navigate to the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- How to Create a port forward entry on your router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
After you have created the Static IP address on the exact device you are port forwarding these ports to, it is time to login to the Telrad Xplornet CPE7000. Your router, along with most others, use a web interface which means you need to open the router settings using a web browser. It does not matter which browser you decide to use, I recommend using one you are familiar with. Some of the more common browsers are Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
Open up the web browser you picked and find the address bar. The address bar should be at the top of the page like this:
In the above image the address bar has 192.168.209.1 in it. This is what you need to make your address bar look like. Simply enter the router's IP address in your address bar.
If you have changed the router's IP address in the past, simply enter that in the address bar instead of the default one. If you don't remember what you changed your IP address to, then you need to look it up. In order to do that, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
The default IP address for the Telrad Xplornet CPE7000 router is: 192.168.209.1
p>Once you have entered the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. If you entered the correct IP address you are given a login window like this:
All you need to do here is enter the router's username and password and press the Login button.
- The Default Telrad CPE7000 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Telrad CPE7000 Router Password is: password
NOTE: The router username and password are NOT the same thing as the WiFi username(SSID) and password.
Username & Password Trouble?
Are you having trouble logging in? Don't worry, there are a few things you can try:
- Try other Telrad usernames and passwords. If you have a different firmware version then you may also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default Telrad Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, it is because you changed the username and/or password. You are probably the best person to try and guess what you changed the password to. Go ahead and try to figure out what you changed it to. Not working? Use our Find Password App to help you out. This application will guess thousands of different combinations for you and let you know when it has figured it out. Learn more about this handy application on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if that did not work, it might be time to consider a factory reset. This should be a LAST RESORT. Do not do this unless you have exhausted your other troubleshooting options. A factory reset is going to erase all your personal settings in the past. If you need to perform a factory reset check out this How to Reset a Router guide for the basics of resetting a router.
We can now navigate to the port forwarding section of the Telrad Xplornet CPE7000 router. To help you we will begin on the Mobile Network Status page.
On this page you should see a black bar running along the bottom of the page. In this bar click the third option from the left that has the image of three computers. This is the Network option.
Now look in the left sidebar. Pick the option of Port Management.
This should take you to the page you see above. Make sure the Port Forwarding option is chosen at the top of the page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of the range into the WAN Port Begin and LAN Port Begin boxes. Then enter the highest number of the range into the WAN Port End and LAN Port End boxes. If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the WAN Port Begin, WAN Port End, LAN Port Begin and LAN Port End boxes.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the LAN IP box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
In the Enable checkbox put a checkmark.
When you are finished, make sure to click the Apply button to save your changes.
Are Your Ports Forwarded?
You have done everything we recommended to open your ports but how do you really know the ports opened correctly. We recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is a great way to check and see if you opened the port or not. There are a lot of port checkers on the Internet but ours is guaranteed to be accurate.
If you are still having problems getting your ports to forward, use our Port Forwarding Software. Here at portforward.com we believe port forwarding should be easy and we want to help. With our software we will help you troubleshoot and fix your port forward issues.
Look at the rest of our guides here. We have networking, gaming and even software guides.
Check out our router guides at setuprouter.com.