This Teltonika RUT950 router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking all ports or connections that are not authorized. This can cause trouble if an online game or program needs some of these non-authorized ports to run efficiently. If you are getting kicked out of the game or program or the program lags you may need to authorize some additional ports. This is frequently called a port forward.
In this guide we will show you exactly how to port forward on the Teltonika RUT950 router. We will show you how to:
- Setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these port to.
- Login to the Teltonika RUT950 router.
- Find the port forwarding section of the router.
- Enter the port forwarding information to create a port forward.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
In this second step we will walk you through the steps in logging into the Teltonika RUT950 router. First you will need to open up a web browser because this router uses a web interface to make setting changes. We recommend picking the browser you are most comfortable using. If you are unsure pick: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Edge.
After you have opened up the web browser of your choice, find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page. Here is an example of an address bar:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Teltonika RUT950 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
After typing the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key and you should be taken to a login page like this:
Enter the username and password to continue into the router's setup pages.
- The Default Teltonika RUT950 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Teltonika RUT950 Router Password is: admin01
Trouble with Teltonika RUT950 Username and Password
Are you having trouble logging into the Teltonika RUT950? Here are a few things you can try:
- First, we recommend trying other Teltonika passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version then you may also have a different password. Check out our Default Teltonika Router Passwords here.
- If that did not work, it is because you changed the password in the past and probably have forgotten. We recommend trying to guess what you changed it to. If you need help with this we recommend using our Find Password App. It automates the process of guessing the the password for you. Learn more about it on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if you are still stuck, it might be time to consider a factory reset. A reset like this erases all settings you have ever changed in the past. We strongly recommend you try other ways of solving this problem before you continue with a reset. For more on resetting a router check out this How to Reset a Router page.
You should now be logged into the Teltonika RUT950 router interface. Let's find the port forwarding section now. We begin on the Overview page of the router:
Select the option at the top of the page labeled Network.
A new menu should appear. Select the new option of Firewall.
You should now see a page like the one above. Select the tab labeled Port Forwarding.
In the next step you will be entering information under the New Port Forward Rule heading.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
You need to name this entry in the Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
In the Protocol box select the protocol that you want to forward these ports over.
Enter the port to forward into the External port(s) and the Internal port(s) boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Internal IP box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
After you are done click the Add button.
When you are finished, be sure to click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Making Sure Your Ports Are Open
Now that you have completed the port forward, it is a very good idea to make sure it forwarded correctly. To help you with this step we have an Open Port Checker. It is completely free to use. It works by using a local application to see if the server is listening on the selected ports. This guarantees a positive confirmation on whether or not your ports are open.
If you are still having trouble getting your ports open, we recommend using our PortForward Software. Our software includes everything you need in order to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix port forwarding issues.
You can also check out our growing number of free guides. Everything from networking guides to gaming guides, we have it all here at portforward.com.
We also have a large selection of router setup guides. Want to know how to setup your WiFi network? Need to change your DNS settings? Check out setuprouter.com for your router setup needs.