The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Tencent QQ are:
Tencent QQ - PC
- UDP: 8000, 8001
Forwarding Ports for Tencent QQ
When you use Tencent QQ you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Tencent QQ.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Tencent QQ
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Tencent QQ in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Tencent QQ:
List of Routers - Customized for Tencent QQ
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Tencent QQ.