Texas Hold 'em is a Card Game game published by Microsoft Game Studios released in 2006.
Texas Hold 'em is a card game. Most card games are played on a gaming table with a standard deck of 52 playing cards, but some games use alternate decks like Uno. Some card games render the players cards floating in the air over a virtual backdrop, and some even go so far as to render 3d graphics and animations. But all card games usually involve turn based strategy, betting, and points.
How to Port Forward Texas Hold 'em
When you are playing Texas Hold 'em you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Texas Hold 'em
The necessary ports for Texas Hold 'em are as follows:
Texas Hold 'em - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Texas Hold 'em that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.